Friday, December 21, 2007

A testimony of Love

Two weeks ago today a wonderful guy named Marc Holton passed away. While he left this planet I am certain that he is in Heaven now, a far better place than this earth we call home. It's just hard to understand why God would take a guy so young with so much potential? I found myself asking "Why God?" when I found out the terrible news. While I can't understand God's plan in all of this, as I am sure many others can't as well, I can take comfort in the fact that HE is God and I am not. To us, death is such a terrible thing (and it is don't get me wrong), but in reality for believers in Christ Jesus they get to go home and see their Maker...what a wonderful thing that is.

When we went to Marc's memorial on Sunday I was still in shock that a friend, young person my age was being laid to rest. As the service progressed God's presence was evident. The words spoken about Marc--how he touched so many lives, made so many people smile, and shared Christ's Love with so many around him, was an incredible testimony to the Love Marc had for Christ. I believe this is the legacy Marc Holton would have wanted to leave here on earth, although I am sure he hadn't planned on leaving quite so early.

Marc- I know that God was glorified through your life, and death. I know we will see your big smile again one day. I will miss your big laugh and playing rook with you at camp, although I am sure we will have a lot of time for that in Heaven. :) I know God said to you when you entered Heaven "Well done my good and faithful servant." And I am saying the same thing--your life inspired me to live and love a better life.

See ya later!

1 comment:

BeckysueK said...

beautifully written em. it will be neat to see him again someday. wow, what a reminder of how fleeting our life is.
love you girl