Saturday, June 20, 2009

O summertime how I love thee (sometimes)...

Today was a great summertime day. We went to a picnic at Tanglewood. Played, ate, and ate some more. Took naps in the nice AC and topped off the day by going to the pool. However all this was done on this HOT summertime day without our Steven, husband and father, and that just made it half the fun. I love my husband and I love to spend time with him (Quality Time is my love languages.) If you don't know what that means click here to learn more about Gary Chapman's 5 love languages! (It could change your love life or marriage!)

But since Steven is a youth pastor most of his summer days are spent hanging out with Youth (duh) or going away on trips. And today was the start of one of the 4 weeks that he will be gone this summer. I know this is not bad considering how often some men, husbands, or fathers travel but it just makes it even harder for me since this is my SLOWEST time of year, being a teacher and all. Anyways I guess I am thankful that this year I don't have a four week old baby by myself to get up with in the night and nurse. Now I have a 1 year old to play with all day!!! I'm also sad that Steven wont be here for Father's day, however once again I am also very thankful he is not fighting the war in Iraq or Afganistan...I can do 4 weeks!!!

Love you Steven and we BOTH miss you!!!



This picture is totally unrelated to this post....I just like it! (I do have some from the summertime picnic I just haven't uploaded them yet.)

No comments: