Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day 2009

Happy Father's Day to All the daddies out there, especially my dad and my baby's daddy!

This could be a hard day for lots of people out there. I know not all dads are perfect or even a part of their children's lives and that makes my heart hurt for people like this.

My dad was not and is not perfect...however he did A LOT of things RIGHT.

Reasons I love my dad:

-He hugged me, and still does
-He told me he loves me, and still does
-He tried to fix my hair and put bows in it when mom was gone, doesn't anymore, I don't really wear bows
-He cheered me on in all my endeavors, and of course still does
-He modeled Christ-like love for me, my sisters, and my mom
-He played with me
-He protected me
-He studied with me
-He talked to me
-He disciplined me
-He "interviewed" my boyfriends--which were only about 2 or 3 since I dated Steven for 6+ years and got married




He rides a Harley, yes and he loves his Grandson!

As the article in the newspaper said back in 1983, "He's more than the man that came to dinner" and that was so true! I am so lucky and blessed to have a loving and involved father like the one I had. If everyone could have a daddy like you I think the world would be a lot better place, and kids would be on the right track! I love you daddy. Love your Emidy

Now this brings me to praise my husband, who is also my baby's daddy. (The reason I am referring to him in this manner is because this is how he told our youth group that I was pregnant...."I'm gonna be her baby's daddy!" Funny moment!)

I love Steven for many reasons and he is definetly a lot like my dad in many ways...he is not perfect, but pretty close!

Reasons I love Steven as a Daddy:

-He is more than the man that comes to dinner
-He is involved
-He plays with Brayden
-He feeds, clothes, bathes, changes stinky diapers and all of the above
-He does whatever he can to help out and love on me and Bray
-He provides for us
-He makes time for Brayden
-He stays at home alone with Brayden (some dads don't do that with little ones)
-He strives to put Christ first
-He models Christ-like love to us
-He hugs, kisses, and wrestles Bray
-He tells Brayden that he loves him
-He does a WHOLE heck of a lot of things I think a lot of men don't, which I believe makes Steven more of a man
-He got up in the middle of the night to feed Brayden
-He cup fed and syrigne fed brayden for me in the first fews days of Brayden's life
-He does a lot, he is a lot, and he means the world to me and I know to Bray.

I believe that there are some things baby boys just can't learn from mommies. Don't get me wrong, moms mean a whole lot to babies. But for example I can't teach Brayden how to be a man, I'm NOT a man and I don't know how to be one. So, Steven I am glad this is your job and one you are willing and wholeheartedly doing a great job. You are a great dad, and its so fun to see you doing this natural "job"! I love you and appreciate all you do for our family.

Now for a little picture action of Steven at work being a daddy!

Playing on the couch.....

Working on tech skills...

Snuggling after an early morning feeding....

First moments as a daddy....

Sleeping on the couch....

Not afraid to push that stroller....

Helping Bray eat...

Playing at the park!!

Shoulder Ride....

Sledding in the Kitty littler box...

2 comments:

Costume Diva said...

So sweet! That pic of Steven pushing the stroller looks like one of those "celebrities are just like us" shots from the magazine.

An Apple a Day said...

Hey Emily - thanks for the sweet note! We're really excited and finding it hard just to wait and see what we're having:) I'm so glad you messaged me so I can check yall's blog now and keep updated on the Ackleys - looks like Brayden is getting to be so big! We'll have to catch up sometime if you're ever in Raleigh! Hope you're doing well!